FAQ

Who can sell art/merchandise in the Gallery?

We welcome South Australian artists living with disability or mental health barriers and local artist partnerships. Artwork can be in any form, but we do restrict size and number of pieces during exhibitions (please refer to Artist Call Outs for further specifications).

 

How do I join as an artist/artisan?

Please contact the Bearded Dragon Gallery team on 0447 962 358 to have a chat about your journey with us. We will meet with you to provide information about the Gallery. We can help you understand our application forms and help you feel comfortable before signing anything. These include Terms & Conditions, an artist biography and payment details. We can also help you price your artwork or merchandise and give you tips on how to prepare your artwork for display.

 

Do you take commission?

We only take 25% commission for each sale in the Gallery to support our team and keep the Gallery running. The remaining 75% goes directly to artists. When you make a purchase from the Gallery, you are not only supporting a small local business, you are directly supporting the financial independence of local artists with disability.

 

When are the exhibitions?

Who can sell art/merchandise in the Gallery?

We welcome South Australian artists living with disability or mental health barriers and local artist partnerships. Artwork can be in any form, but we do restrict size and number of pieces during exhibitions (please refer to Artist Call Outs for further specifications).

 

How do I join as an artist/artisan?

Please contact the Bearded Dragon Gallery team on 0447 962 358 to have a chat about your journey with us. We will meet with you to provide information about the Gallery. We can help you understand our application forms and help you feel comfortable before signing anything. These include Terms & Conditions, an artist biography and payment details. We can also help you price your artwork or merchandise and give you tips on how to prepare your artwork for display.

 

Do you take commission?

We only take 25% commission for each sale in the Gallery to support our team and keep the Gallery running. The remaining 75% goes directly to artists. When you make a purchase from the Gallery, you are not only supporting a small local business, you are directly supporting the financial independence of local artists with disability.

 

When are the exhibitions?

We hold minimum 3 exhibitions each year. We send out the Artist Call Out via email, social media and on our Blog page so you have all the information you need to submit your artwork. Of course, our team is also very well equipped to provide any further information. We like to vary the themes each exhibition to engage our customers. You can find information about our current exhibition here.

 

What is a Social Enterprise business?

A social enterprise business is a business for purpose with a mission or goal for social good. This can include providing employment opportunities for marginalized people, striving for environmental sustainability or to deliver accessible products and services to meet community needs that are not met by the market.

Profits from trade are reinvested back into the business to maintain continuous support to the community.

The Bearded Dragon Gallery is a social enterprise business that provides opportunities for people with disability to display and sell their artwork and merchandise.

We also employ people with disability who are part of the Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. Jobnet Employment Program to work in the Galleries.

 

What is the purpose of the gallery?

To create a safe and welcome space for people with disability or facing disadvantage to display artwork or merchandise, whether they are emerging or established artists.

 

Who is Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc.?

CBS Inc. is a South Australian Not-for-Profit organisation with the goal of helping people with disability to achieve success by working with them to plan their futures, achieve their personal goals and improve their quality of life. We focus on our clients’ strengths and interests through mutual respect and understanding, and we are a recognised leader in the provision of support for people with disability in the areas of open employment, personal support, further education and recreation. Our services operate in metropolitan Adelaide as well as in rural and remote South Australia.

You can learn more about our other services and programs on the CBS Inc. website.

 

I’ve submitted my art to the Gallery, where will my art be displayed?

We currently display art across 4 locations during exhibitions. These include our two Galleries; Shop 2G Gays Arcade, Adelaide and Shop 2/11 Oaks Plaza Mount Barker Road, Stirling and two extra locations Summit Café Kilburn, Kilburn Community Centre 59 Gladstone Rd, Kilburn (also a social enterprise business of CBS Inc.) and Two Bit Villains, Shop 150 Level One Adelaide Arcade.

We curate and place art based on where it has been submitted, but occasionally the art will go on a journey to another location. Please contact the gallery for updates.

 

I’ve submitted my art to the Gallery, how long will you have my art for?

If you submit art during an exhibition, we typically display all pieces for a minimum of 8 weeks. After this, we will contact you for collection. Occasionally we hold a “Different Strokes” exhibition in between major shows to display artwork that has been accepted into our storage facility. This gives the art another opportunity for showing.

 

What is a Social Enterprise business?

A social enterprise business is a business for purpose with a mission or goal for social good. This can include providing employment opportunities for marginalized people, striving for environmental sustainability or to deliver accessible products and services to meet community needs that are not met by the market.

Profits from trade are reinvested back into the business to maintain continuous support to the community.

The Bearded Dragon Gallery is a social enterprise business that provides opportunities for people with disability to display and sell their artwork and merchandise.

We also employ people with disability who are part of the Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. Jobnet Employment Program to work in the Galleries.

 

What is the purpose of the gallery?

To create a safe and welcome space for people with disability or facing disadvantage to display artwork or merchandise, whether they are emerging or established artists.

 

Who is Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc.?

CBS Inc. is a South Australian Not-for-Profit organisation with the goal of helping people with disability to achieve success by working with them to plan their futures, achieve their personal goals and improve their quality of life. We focus on our clients’ strengths and interests through mutual respect and understanding, and we are a recognised leader in the provision of support for people with disability in the areas of open employment, personal support, further education and recreation. Our services operate in metropolitan Adelaide as well as in rural and remote South Australia.

You can learn more about our other services and programs on the CBS Inc. website.

 

I’ve submitted my art to the Gallery, how long will you have my art for?

If you submit art during an exhibition, we typically display all pieces for a minimum of 8 weeks. After this, we will contact you for collection. Occasionally we hold a “Different Strokes” exhibition in between major shows to display artwork that has been accepted into our storage facility. This gives the art another opportunity for showing.

BEARDED DRAGON GALLERY is a Social Enterprise business of Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc.